Saturday, September 17, 2011

Compliments

This week has been physically and emotionally draining, but still good. My kids were pretty well behaved this week and I am looking forward to another week coming up here pretty quick.

This week I had a mother e-mail me just to compliment me on something that I had done in class. A couple of other mothers gave me compliments in e-mails that were in response to e-mails that I had sent them. I can't tell you how much those compliments mean. When you are working hard and trying to do your best for the kids in your class it means a lot to have someone pay you a compliment. I hope that I will remember this and that I will remember to compliment my children's teachers on things that they do well in the future.

2 comments:

  1. And remember those compliments when days are rough or when you get the one complaint from a parent that really upsets you...remember those compliments! Keep it up, girl!

    A professor reminded me (often) that you usually don't impact the entire class every day, but you will always impact one child on any given day.

    ReplyDelete