Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Camp Classroom!

WOW!  It has been WAY too long!  Last year was crazy.  I loved my kids, but together they were a little bit of a rough group.  It's interesting how that can happen some years.  Between the struggles of my class and getting married in the middle of the year...the teaching blog took the back burner.  I have though about things I've wanted to post this year, but haven't yet had the time.  Now is the time!  I may just break one of the cardinal rules of blogging (if those are even a thing) and post multiple times tonight so that I can catch up!

I have had a travel themed classroom for the past four years!  This year I am still in second grade for the fifth year in a row!  I am about the only thing that has stayed the same.  I have had new teams and new interns every year.  I decided that I needed some form of change, so I decided to undertake changing my class theme.  I knew it would be a lot of work, but I needed a fresh start and I figured that would be fun.  With my married name being Graham (like the graham cracker), I thought a camp theme would be fun!

Here are some pics of the classroom. 

 
I let kids sit in the camp chairs and in the tent for read to self during daily five.  They love it, and I love the bear that I traced onto black cardboard and stuck on the wall!
 
 
My camp sign which includes different things we will be learning or doing in second grade.

 
Decorations and the "bathroom bear", the students have to put him on their desk when they leave for the bathroom.  This way only one student is ever out at a time and I can easily see who is gone.

 
My owls that are above my cabinets.  Thank you to my co-worker Lindsay for the great idea!
 
 
A close up of the tree over the tent.  This was a "must" when designing the new classroom.

 
My clip chart. 

 
Carpet, calendar, word wall.  I decided to start with all the words up this year so that the students can use the word wall as a resource throughout the year.  They have been looking at it since the first day to help with spelling. 
 
I love my "new" classroom this year!  Hopefully these ideas will come in handy for someone else as well!
 

19 comments:

  1. I understand what you bring it very meaningful and useful, thanks.Custom candle packaging boxes wholesale
    The Cosmetic Boxes provide all the high- quality box customization techniques are obtainable. They offer an immense variety for its customers. Their platform delivers the most amazing boxes. Also, you can visit their website for further queries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am incapable of reading articles online very often, but I’m happy I did today. It is very well written, and your points are well-expressed. I request you warmly, please, don’t ever stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Design Your own custom Boxes with your branded logo. In fact, packaging becoming more necessary for life nowadays.
    Many people are coming with new ideas of packaging with wonderful designs. International markets also getting advance in printing solutions. The Fact is that to be good looking that’s now become necessary to have innovative packaging styles. Get Your's .

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://sites.google.com/site/custommailerboxes/
    Thanks for sharing valuable Information, I really very impressive on your blog. I hope you continue on blogging job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really very impressive on your blog. I hope you continue on blogging job.

    Backup Contacts on Android Phone/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It look awesome. I am also thinking to make the same (almost same). I wish I can.

    I've wrote an article and wondering how I did. Read here Steep Sales in the Bakery Business? Here's What You Can Do to Skyrocket the Sales

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are facing any type of flight-related issues and searching for a reliable source for instant solutions, contact Southwest Phone Number. Our travel experts will positively serve you with good solution services. So do call us once to get the best answer to any problem regarding flight ticket bookings like seat availability, flight status or flight time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say? The experience of travelling with Southwest Airlines was very fabulous. I got my every solution here. When I connected with experts by dialling Southwest Airlines Customer Service then finally I got the flight tickets with best facilities within number my budget. I would like to advice everyone to travel with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PackagingNinjas offers you different choices to plan your Custom boxes. You can customize them in any shape, size, shading, and style of your decision. Candle Box printing assumes a critical part in improving customer’s viewpoint about a particular. Custom Candle boxes are used to keep candles safe during shipping and for displaying your Custom Candle Boxes Wholesale in a better way before customers. We PackagingNinja provides unique candle box packaging having your brand’s logo and name imprinted on them. Our Custom printed Boxes patterns are unique and stylish in an order to grab the attention of the customers at first sight.

    Cardboard Display Boxes
    Beard Oil Boxes
    Custom Cake Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Custom cardboard packaging provides exceptional custom boxes. Also they have wide range of custom boxes. At CCP you can create your own custom packaging boxes with your brand and company name.Custom Metalized Packaging

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are providing CDR Writers Australia. If anybody requires to get CDR For Australia Immigration for successful visa migration approval in Australia, communicate with our experts and visit our website CDRAustralia.Org.
    Mail us at: Contact@CDRAustralia.Org.

    Our other Services:
    RPL Writing Services
    NER work experience statement
    Competency Based Assessment For Papua New Guinea
    RPEQ Australia
    IPENZ New Zealand
    P.Eng ( Canada) Competency Report Writing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now you can Invest in gold with the listed gold rate forecast for tomorrow, next month ,year based on previous data Analysis to get More profit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Searching for online class help near me? Take your online classes has the Take My Class For Me who provide instant help with online classes, courses & exams.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    It is really a great post by you. I found this so interesting. Keep it up and keep sharing such posts.
    Assignment or assessment is an important part of every student’s college degree. But sometimes it is difficult for scholars also to complete their assessment on time due to many reasons and they end up taking help of assignment experts.
    Many different subjects where students mostly seek online assignment help are Law Assignment Help, management assignment help, bsbdiv501 assessment answers, etc.

    ReplyDelete