- I moved my classroom (I am moving to a room that is bigger). I organized everything as I went so everything in my new room is super organized which is great! I even labeled cupboards and drawers so I can stay organized throughout the year. I also got rid of stuff that I haven't been using or that had been thrashed by the kids.
- I made a homework binder that the kids will sing each week if they have not done their homework. It is organized by week (we have 30 weeks worth of homework packets). This will be an easy way for me to notice who is not turning in homework and allow me to contact home. I also have plastic sleeves in the back so that I can keep a black line of each weeks homework in the binder so that it is easy to make additional copies if needed.
I created class journals! I plan on using these as fast finishers. When students are done with assigned work they can respond in one of the class journals. Each journal has a prompt on the front and some ideas of what types of things to include in the journal entry. Student can latter go back and see how their classmates responses to the journals. I got this great idea here.
If you are interested in using my prompts you can download them here.
- I made my math Guess That Number game using an old Guess Who game. Read about it here.
- I made some glitter clips to use to hang up "World Class Work" in my classroom. These were super easy an I love how they look! Got the idea here. I made 12 of them : )
- I cut scraps of old t-shirts for my students to use as whiteboard erasers. I made a T-shirt quilt last summer and saved the scraps so that Icould use them for this very reason. I still have a ton of t-shirt scraps left. It will last me for years to come : )
- I printed out these keyboards that I found here for my students to practice typing their spelling words on for word work.
- I also came up with a book report form and a missing poster that students can choose to fill out as a fast finisher. I used a lot if ideas from here free download of a book report.