Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reading Bingo

I have seen a lot of different reading bingo boards on Pinterest.  I've been wanting to make one of my own for quite some time now.  Now that it's summer, I did!  One thing that I didn't like about some of the reading bingos that I saw was that they were fun and motivational for kids, but they didn't emphasize reading with a parent.  Being a second grade teacher I am constantly emphasizing the importance of parents reading with their children.  Students can sound like they are reading great but they may be making up words or skipping words unbeknownst to whoever is listening if they are not following along with them.  Here is my reading bingo that involves lots of reading with parents!  

Grab a free coy HERE!
   
I'm excited to share this with parents in the fall as a way for them to help their children to be motivated about doing their home reading each night.  This would also be great to send home at the end of the school year to keep kids motivated to read through the summer. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katrina! Thank you so much for the Reading Bingo! I'm scouring the internet for back-to-school ideas for second grade (and third, as I am teaching a split), and your stuff is great! I really appreciate you sharing this one!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete