Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Some More Read Aloud Books

It has been forever! My second graders have been keeping me busy, but I promise that there will be some more posts in the near future.  We are working on an informational writing unit on pumpkins right now and I can't wait to share all about it at the end of the week!

Until then...this is my FAVORITE read aloud book:


There are so many great voices in the book!  The crazy kids and the hysterical moms when their kids disappear, it is just so much fun to read!  I had kids that were sad every day when we had to stop reading.  At the end when I asked the students if they liked the book I got a resounding YES!

Right now we are reading this book:


I was a little worried just because the book is about dolls in a doll house and my class is made up of 17 boys and 11 girls.  There is a little bit of mystery in the story though so I figured that might keep the boys interest.  So far so good, even my boys are liking it : )


1 comment:

  1. The Doll People is a favorite in my second grade classroom. Just got done with the first book and now they want me to read the next one. I don't usually do it because there are so many other read alouds I want, but it gets the boys interested in something they might have just looked at the cover and put away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete