Wednesday, August 8, 2012

As of late...

Here are of a few f the things that I have been working on as of late...

Postcards inviting my students to our Open House which is the day before schools starts.  I could have typed them but I like how writing them out makes them more personal. I wrote them while I was watching a show on t.v. so it wasn't too bad.

Made a "today's number" chart. Here is a link to the picture that I found on pinterest.  I think I am going to use this as morning work : )

I made this pencil to track the progress of my students during Writer's Workshop.  Thank you to Julie for the idea. I'm sorry, I don't know who the originator of the idea was.
Next to it I did the "What do writer's write?" thing.  I looked at a lot of peoples different lists and came
up with this one.  We will put examples up during the year.  This will help give students ideas of what to write when they are practicing writing during centers.

I got my Mountain Language up on my bulletin board and my centers schedule.  A few things still need to go up there.

My desks are set up and the students books are on them.  I like to do desks like this just for the first couple of weeks while I get to know the kids.  After a couple of weeks we move to smaller table groups : )


No comments:

Post a Comment