Monday, May 28, 2012

End of Year Student Gift

The school year is over and I can't believe it! I had an AMAZING first year teaching, and I can't wait for more fun next year (after summer break that is)! For the end of the year I made a video of all our pictures from the year and burned a copy for each kid. They LOVED it! This is something that I will most definitely have to do again. Wordle was perfect for the cover! Hope you are all enjoying summer, or making it through the last few days of school!

5 comments:

  1. What program did you use to create the video of pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And got it to copy to a DVD? Was there any specific way you saved it for it to get on a DVD so they could play it on TV or did they have to play in on the computer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to download some programs that would copy it into DVD format and then I was able to use Roxio (a dvd burning program to make copies) These instructions I used were here: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/burn-wmv-to-dvd/ Otherwise you have to burn to a CD and have the kids watch it on the computer. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing for my kiddos to finish out my first year of teaching! I wrote each child a personal message on the back then then laminated their wordles. They were so impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete