Sunday, April 22, 2012

I did it!

Well, I did it! I have five weeks left of my internship year, but besides that I am done with college. I walked in my graduation on Friday : ) My years at BYU were great! I learned so much, not just in my classes but I learned a lot about myself as well. I have made some of the best friends of my life and created memories that will last a lifetime. I was talking to a friend right before graduation about the Elementary Education program and how much fun it was. We made sock puppets, put on plays, did elementary P.E., taught elementary P.E., danced like volcanoes, learned how to juggle, read children's literature, did simple math with manipulatives so that we could truly understand it, we wrote lesson plans and got to teach them to each other and better yet to kids in schools! Don't worry, we read textbooks and wrote papers too! There are many majors where people dread certain classes. I feel so lucky to have loved my classes and my experience in the El Ed program. Sure, I liked some classes more than others, and I disliked an assignment here or there, but overall it was good. I am so lucky to have found something that I absolutely love doing and to get to do it every day. I can't imagine having to get up every day and go do something that I didn't love. It was my dream to become a teacher ever since I was young, I did it! I am so grateful for all those who were a part of the journey with me and or supported me along the way. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment