Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Art Project!

Thursday night we have Second Grade Arts Night. All of the second graders will be singing and performing(either a play or a dance), students will also have their artwork displayed. Our original class play "Puss in Boots and the Three Little Ninjas" is coming along! The students have had a lot of fun with it and I think that is what really matters. For our art piece I found an idea here that I loved and thought my students would enjoy, so we gave it a try.

I let the students draw a picture of whatever they wanted (they are always so much more motivated when they have a choice). After their pictures were done they traced over the lines of their picture with black Elmer's glue (Elmer's glue mixed with black acrylic paint). When the glue was dry they used watercolors to finish it off! The final products are pretty great! Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I gave you something on my blog. Go check it out!

    http://learningwithsusieq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete