Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Voiceless Hundredth Day

Alright, so yesterday my voice was a bit weird but it was all good. This morning I woke up and I couldn't even speak! Now this causes a little bit of a dilemma for an elementary school teacher. Let's just say I normally do a lot of talking every day. I highly considered getting a sub as I was driving to school this morning, but I'm too stubborn and it was the hundredth day of school and we had lots of fun things planned that I did not want to miss. So I wrote lots of directions and tried to get out some words or some whispers here and there. Somehow I made it through the day!

Some of the kids made me laugh.

Yesterday I taught my kids about characteristics of a god citizen (one of them being compassion). Today I was at the front by one of my kids desks and he looked at me and just said "I have compassion". He was referring to the fact that he had compassion for me because I couldn't speak.

Towards the end of the day I was talking (or attempting to) to one of my students and trying to get him to do his work. I had been doing this throughout the day with him, but for some reason this particular time he stopped me and said "you're sounding different". I had to laugh. Yes my friend I was sounding quite different all day.

If this voice doesn't decide to rejoin me by the morning, I might just have to go in ad write sub plans :( I will keep my fingers crossed, maybe that will work.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! Feel better soon. Sub plans are harder to write than doing it yourself...good luck!

    ReplyDelete