Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Names

Today I thought a little bit about names. I thought about how someday 'mom' will be one of the best names that I bear, but right now I absolutely love being 'Miss. Paul'. I hear that name 'Miss. Paul' coming from the left and right every single day. Every once in a while (this happened today)a child says my name and I am filled with honor that I bear the name 'Miss. Paul' and that I am able to be a teacher to 22 second graders. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach them and to help them grow. Teaching is a lot of hard work, and most of the time it completely wears me out, but I think it has to be one of the most rewarding jobs in the world! Now if I could figure out how to teach and have energy so that I can work towards the names of 'Mrs. ...' and 'mom', that would be great!

Miss. Paul

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, one day a student will slip and call you "mom." Then you'll REALLY feel proud b/c you spend more time with the kids than their parents do. They will think of you as not just a teacher...but a second mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has happened! It is really cute and funny when it does because they get really embarassed : ) Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete