Friday, January 10, 2014

Fortune Teller Antonym Practice

Growing up in the 90's fortune tellers folded from paper were all the rage.  As I was trying to come up with a fun way for my students to practice antonyms they came back to mind. 

Monday my students will get to put 8 different antonyms in these fortune tellers.  They will then practice away!





Here is what it might sound like:

Student 1: Give me a number
Student 2: 7
Student 1: (moves the fortune teller back and forth on their fingers 7 times) 1, 3, 5, or 7 (I numbered the words so that they could pick the word without saying it)
Student 2: 3
Student 1:  What is the antonym of happy?
Student 2: Sad

This would also work great with synonyms!  I hope that you can put this idea to use in your own class!


4 comments:

  1. When i was a child i always use to play it and to be honest i mostly believe to many fortune teller in fact in Finland i experience a good fortune teller which she know me a lot and i am totally agree with her advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to play when i was a kid....thanks for sharing...its interesting..........
    ACC 557 Entire Course

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katrina. First time visitor. I like your creative energy and drive. Having an opportunity to shape and enrich the mind of a sturent is such an honor. I see that you it really means someting special to you. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete