Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Fly Swatter Game!

Today I was at Dollar Tree and I found these HUGE FLY SWATTERS!  I couldn't pass them up!  My students will LOVE using these to play the "fly swatter game".

The "fly swatter game" works great as a review for any topic.  Simply put answers to questions up on the board.  They can be words (sight words maybe), math problems, or numbers that are answers to math problems, even pictures for example pictures of coins or of things that have certain letter sounds.  Have two single file lines facing the board (each line is a team).  The first person in each line gets a fly swatter.  The teacher asks a question and whichever student can find the answer and swat it first gets a point for their team!  I have often used PowerPoint to create sides to put up to play the game with.  It is much easier than writing a bunch of things on the board.

I hope your Dollar Tree has huge fly swatters too!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I love your ideas. I started to laugh when I say your pic of the fly swatter b/c the first time my son saw them at the dollar store he turned to me and said,"Mom, that's too big, the fly will fly through the holes!" At the same time I was thinking it would probably be a great idea for my classroom.
    Thanks for the idea!!!
    :0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete