Friday, June 1, 2012

The First Week of Summer

Last Friday I was still Miss Paul and I still had 22 darling kiddos who called me their teacher and who were very excited for summer break!  Last Friday night I went from being Miss Paul to just being Katrina Paul.  It has been a week of summer.  I love that I can do errands in the middle of the day on a week day!  I love that I don't have to go to bed at 10:00 or 11:00 so I can be up by 5:00 or 6:00.  I love that I have time to do things that I love!  But I can assure you that I also love being a teacher and that is why I have done things for school almost every day.  No, not because I have to.  Yes, because I LOVE what I do!  It is more than just a job, it has become a part of who I am and how I think and most days I am grateful for that. In this the first week of summer these are some of the things I have done:

Went to the temple
Read a book and am half way through another one (well,maybe more like a third of the way)
Made "done jars" for my classroom
Made "money dice" for my classroom
Made Emergency Sub Plans for next year
Moved everything from my old classroom to my new one (still have to get it all set up, but the process is started)
Reformatted my blog and wrote a few posts
Organized all my files
Went running
Got my plan book ready for next year
Got a gym membership, and used it (those are to very separate things)
Went grocery shopping and made meals
Went to institute
Wrote thank-you cards to my students who got me end of the year gifts and mailed them
Spent time on Pinterest
Tried a new recipe from Pinterest (Chicken Caesar Sandwiches = YUM!)
Slept in until about 9:00 most mornings
Rarely set an alarm
Layed out by the pool
Payed rent
Spent time hanging out with one of my best friends and ate snow cones!
Went to a movie (Snow White and the Huntsman)
Had a cold all week

I would say it has been a good first week.  Bring on week two!

2 comments:

  1. I am super jealous of your productivity. Holy COW- you have done a LOT!!!

    Would love to see some photos. :) Happy summer!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I feel like such a slacker now! :) Thanks for such a great blog, I just discovered but I'm really enjoying it. I found it through Pinterest, someone posted your Warm Fuzzy Jar. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete