Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Money Dice!

A while back I saw a worksheet where students were supposed to cut out dice (that had a different set of coins on each face) and then tape them together and use them for an activity.  Seeing the worksheet sparked an idea and this is what came of it!


I started with 3 wooden cubes (99 cents each at Hobby Lobby)

painted them three different colors

added coins to each side with Mod Podge

And Wala!  Money Dice!

Students can roll 1, 2, or 3 and add the coins.  I made it so that no side had more than 50 cents, that way if two dice are being used the sum of the coins would not equal more than a dollar.  Students could use these alone or with a partner (and race to see who could add the coins the fastest).  You could also play a game as a whole class and have two teams stand in single file lines.  The people at the front of each line would receive a die and roll it.  Whichever person could add the coins from the dice the quickest would get a point for their team. 

I'm excited for my kids to use these new money dice next year! These could also make a great gift for a teacher : )

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have to make these. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be my first year teaching second grade. I was so excited to see your page. I love this idea!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete