Monday, March 5, 2012

Homophones

I haven't posted in a while, and I'm not even going to try to catch up. Things have been crazy busy,always so much to do and never enough time, but I guess that is just life for ya so I shall whistle while I work : )

I love pinterest and I love teaching blogs, but I love it even more when I come up with ideas on my own. I'm sure this has been done before, but I didn't find it on line so that makes me happy : )

We are talking about homophones this week. Today we came up with a list of all the different homophones we could think of. I let each student choose a set of homophones (quiet students frst of course) and then gave them a pair of glasess. They had to write one word and a sentence using the word in one frame and the other word with a sentence in the other frame. They turned out pretty cute! We can spot homophones!




Find the link for the glasses here!

Have a great week!

Katrina

6 comments:

  1. thanks! I have the glasses template if you want to do it with your kids : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Very creative. Would you mind sending me the template or posting it?
    adoherty@austin.rr.com

    THANKS so much for sharing. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I just sent you the template in am e-mail. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll send it again.

      Enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE this template. We are doing homophones this week!! Would you email please?

    Malloryfk@gmail.com

    Thank you thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using it in my 3rd grade class today. Thank you so much for sharing your glasses template!

    ReplyDelete