Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tender Mercies

I am a lucky teacher. This morning a dad came in, he was bringing his daughter's invention in (today was invention convention where every kid made an invention. They spend most of their day showing their inventions to first grade, third grade and their parents.) Anyways, the dad (same one who saved me when I had a flat tire) came up and talked to me. He said that his wife (she helps out in the class every other week) had told him about a student in the class who struggles because she doesn't know english. He asked if threre was anything that he could do to help and said that he would be willing to come in once or twice a week to help her. I thought this was an incredible example of someone who is service minded. As a teacher it means so much to me when I have people that are so willing to help the students in my class. They are also great example to me of the type of person I want to be when I grow up : )

Loving life as a teacher.

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment