Friday, October 14, 2011

Why I'm a Teacher

I was invited to the Birthday Party of one of my students. It was this afternoon, and I didn't want to let her down so I went over for a little bit. She had invited the whole class so a bunch of my students were there. When I came up they were all yelling "Miss. Paul is here, Miss Paul is here." They all wanted to show me all the tricks and things that they were doing. When I came back to my classroom to work, I opened up the compliments jar to see what went in there today. I read the following compliments:

"You are the best techer miss paul"
"miss paul is very very nice"
"I love you miss paul!"

One of my goals as a teacher is to create a loving environment in the classroom. I want my kids to learn and succeed, but I also want them to know that I love them! If my students know that I love and care about them I can be so much more effective in everything that I am teaching. If the kids know I love them, I have the ability to be a positive influence in their lives - that is what it is really all about!

LOVE my job, even though some days I think that I am working too hard.

A Happy,
Miss Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment